Thursday, August 03, 2006

Could someone remind me....

Could someone remind me the next time I say, "I want to watch Americ@'s got Talent?" that it sucks? Thanks! I keep watching hoping to see really great performances, but I end up severely disappointed. Last night in particular made me want to gag. Some guy sang, "You raise me up" (poorly I might add) and everyone swooned! GAG! GROSSED OUT!! Then some burlesque dancer did a striptease to Night Rider or whatever that Hasslehoff show was... ay yay yay.

I also watched PBS last night (the best channel/set of channels in the world) and Garrick Ohlsson was playing some Mozart concerto. I saw him play here in SF and he was less than wonderful. He missed the V-I cadence at the end of the piece and his phrasing for the Beethoven Emperor Concerto was just atrocious, but I guess you don't phrase Chopin and Beethoven the same, now do you (he won a prestigious Chopin competition)?!! I guess he bothers to practice for New York... Jerk. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, one of my male coworkers seemed to really like the Knight Rider dance. :)