Tuesday, September 13, 2005

New Composition

This weekend I plan to work on a new composition for two violas, piano and voice. I'm not sure how many movements it's going to be, but basically the text will be taken from a letter that I will write. It will be a letter to my grandparents, in which I tell them everything that I want to say to them right now. It won't be cliche and terribly sappy, but it will be honest, and there's no doubt that there will be some sad parts (hopefully many happy and reflective moments as well!!). Mostly, I want it to be a healing experience for me. The musical themes and main elements will be either a reflection of the text's mood and meaning (word painting), or will come from either bits of songs I remember them singing, and rhythmic motives of phrases they would often say. I'm really looking forward to this. I had talked about it for a while, but didn't have the time and resources until recently. I'll keep you updated. Wish me luck that I can do this beautifully and honorably!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there cuz i think its really kewl what ur doing. gma and gpa would be super proud. i wish i were there to add some sweet guitar!! love ya!!