Thursday, March 23, 2006

Crazy dog lady

I've been looking for apartments these past few days and a bunch of them have been quite nice while others were, well.... ugly. I've heard of crazy cat ladies, but never have I encountered crazy dog ladies. This one lady lives up in the hills in this lovely big house. She has broken her house down into different apartments... so, the house is now divided into four or five different units. Initially I thought, oh this place is going to be soooo cute, but upon walking up the external stairs to the unit, I noticed that they were severely uneven and covered in slippery moss. Then, upon reaching the door, I looked down at the rotting water-stained step and then saw about 5 dead big flies on the floor. The place was tiiiiiiiiny and there were some spider webs in the windows... wahhhh!!!! The coolest thing about the place was the cool bathtub. It was old fashioned with the lions paws for legs.. you know... This lady starts picking up the dead flies and continues to tell me how there was a giant swarm of hundreds of flies the other day and doesn't understand why. Telling me this might not have been the smartest especially since I was a potential tenant. She then informed me that there was a unit downstairs that she was currently living in, but she has four hot dogs (you know those little hounds) that aren't potty trained. Trying not to be completely rude I said I would like to look at it. Upon entering, it smells FOUL... like this woman must have smoked pot non-spot for the last 20 days. There was stuff EVERYWHERE... clothes, papers, shoes, you name it.. it's everywhere. The dogs are behind a closed glass door barking and jumping at the glass. There is crap and piss all over the floor and I'm utterly repulsed. I have nightmares about poop and peep as it is, so I'm trying not puke and get out as fast as I could. Needless to say, I'm not going to call her back! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't the house in The Amityville Horror get overrun with flies? Maybe it was an evieeel house and the wiener dogs were her hell hounds!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm sorry I missed out on that.

:-o