Monday, October 30, 2006
Times of war have indeed changed!
I was driving into work this morning and I was listening to a radio station (I believe it's run by a local high school) that only plays 1940s music. While bobbing and dancing around, one particular song played that I thought was a little strange. The lyrics were, "Obey your Air Raid Warden". I kept trying to apply it to modern day. We're currently at war (blah) and we don't have any songs that say "Obey your security level warden" or something like that. I want to know, how would you apply this to modern times? Can you think of any current examples? Leave your answer/opinion in a comment. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think it's hard to obey something when you dont believe in the cause at all. maybe the closest thing would be the patriot act??
It is your duty to follow orders from the President however wrong he may seem to you. We will never know 1/1000 of what really goes on in the dirty wars of the world. Therefore, you must trust someone or we fall into anarchy or worse yet, we become "democrats". :)
Post a Comment