Monday, April 18, 2005

Fun with Steinway

Yesterday I went to the Steinway showroom in the city with Oleg (as this could be a public forum, his name will remain anonymous) ... actually we were going to the Museum of Modern art, but happened to pass the Steinway showroom on the way there. Oleg knows how much I dream of owning a Steinway (particularly a model B), so he made me go in, even though I really didn’t want to. I was certain that I was going to be depressed from looking at these beautiful pianos that I can’t own yet, (maybe ever?). I ended up playing (because Oleg made me again) on a beautiful 1913 model B piano for maybe 30 minutes or so and was absolutely enthralled! The saleswoman invited me to one of the concerts being held this Friday and then asked me if I would consider playing in a master class. CRAZY! I said I'd consider it if I ever got anything ready. In anycase, I'm excited to have the chance to network with musicians once again. THANKS OLEG!!!!!!!!!

No comments: