Monday, June 20, 2005

Back to work!

Things sure are ramping up here, but no biggy... it's that time of year! Not too many exciting things have happened since I returned from Chicago, although I did go bowling with some co-workers on Saturday night and then played Kung Fu Kaos. It was pretty fun! Oh, wait... what am I talking about?! I also had my hair done and had a pretty good guitar lesson!; not to mention, I'm really excited about my chamber music class! It was loads of fun, although I'm at least 30 years younger than the other people. It's also a strange ensemble, as far as what instruments are in the group, and so I'm not sure how we will end up sounding together. It isn't too important for me though. I really just miss playing music with other people. I'm hoping that next session will get more publicity and more musicians!! *fingers crossed* The director of the class has expressed interest in collaborating with me once classes are over. I guess she thinks I'm pretty darn good and needs a pianist in her ensemble. We had to play for one another (in the first class meeting) and everyone was totally complimenting me up the wazoo. I thought it was a little too much. I did play alright, but I made plenty of mistakes. I think Luba would have plenty to say! (my wonderfully strict Russian piano teacher at IU) It's so hard to play when people are sitting directly behind you!! EEK!!! Life is good. Hopefully it will only get "gooder!" hee hee hee hee hee. Ciao for now!

No comments: