I went to downtown SF yesterday to meet up with some people and in order to get there, I had to take the MUNI (which is a subway). I had never taken the Muni before so I was a little nervous. I made it on the very first train (barely!), grabbed a seat facing sideways, and settled in. This weird dude got on the train with a tape recorder tied around his neck. He had painted the word "Jesus" on it in bright red letters with a 3d cross glued on it. Next to him was a big bucket of tambourines and whatnot. I was thinking hmm, this guy is a little eccentric and didn't think much of it. Then, out of nowhere, he looks at me and starts talking to me about some advertisements that they had put on the various stations... well ok, he wasn't really talking, he was ranting and yelling. This particular ad that bothered him was an ad that showed two men about to kiss and was an HIV awareness ad. He was yelling how they are so inappropriate and that even though he is gay, you shouldn't show it in public.... He said a lot of things like that and all I could do was smile and nod because, well, I didn't really WANT to talk to him, and since he seemed mentally unsound, I didn't want to push any wrong buttons. Everytime the announcer would say the next stop on the loud speaker, he would get mad and say, "I wish that would be quiet, I need to talk to you!!!!" I was glad when he got off.
Then this lady next to me was listening to her iPod and she would randomly laugh out loud at different moments. I hope she was listening to some comedy piece because it was weird.
Finally it was my stop and I finally made it up to the street and I started to walk to my destination. This woman taking out the garbage had turetts (sp?) and as she walked by me she was saying, "yeah, you're a slut! What a slut! You're a SLUT!"
So it was an adventure!!!! First time by myself in the big city! On the way back, after getting off the train, I had to walk up two giant San Francisco hills in my high heel boots, and I am still in freaking pain!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Well. . . at least the crazy lady didn't call you a "skank!"
Sounds like a fun time! So. . . I take it that it'll be a while before you take the MUNI again? ;-)
It was fun.. just a little crazy for the first time riding it! :) I'm sure I'll take it again!!! If she called me a skank, I would be flattered!!
Post a Comment